Possible bug in the Debian Installer.

Hello,

On 22/6/2006, the network administrator of my company made a download from the Debian URL http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/3.1_r2/

The MD5 checksum for the above download was

4690451806967ff5050a8bff11544456  debian-31r2-i386-binary-1.iso

I opened the README.html#lastmin message on the Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 r2 "Sarge" - Official i386 Binary-1 CD. I am  pasting the "Last-Minute Notes" section of the README.html on the CD.

Last-Minute Notes

    * You should keep in mind that this is an unofficial CD of the current development version of the Debian system. This means that all sorts of bugs may be present anywhere in the system

I would like to know if this CD is indeed that of Debian Sarge, which as per my understanding is the present Debian Stable release. I would  also like to know if an install made from this CD can be used on a production server ?

After installing from this cd and after performing a "base-config" i get the following source repository in /etc/apt/sources.list

deb-cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 r2  _Sarge_  -  Official  i386  Binary-1 (20060419)]/ unstable contrib main

I am surprised to find unstable in the releases section. I have found entries for main,contrib,non-free,non-us there before, but never unstable.

Kindly clarify these doubts of mine.

Thanks in advance.

--
Vivek Varghese Cherian