Re: Getting Apache to transfer .sh file instead of trying to execute it as CGI

On Fri, 2005-11-04 at 16:19 +0000, Jon Dowland wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 04:03:26PM +0100, Jean-Marc Liotier wrote:
> > Does anyone here have any idea about how I can persuade Apache to treat
> > this shell script as a normal text file ?
>
> I believe it is a mime-type issue.

That is also the consensus I gathered from the people around me.

> Try putting the following in a .htaccess file in the same directory:
>
> 	AddType text/plain .sh
>
> You need Override FileInfo at least

Following your advice I did that, and for good measure I even added
'AllowOverride all' to the <Directory /> stanza of my vhost
configuration but with no observable result after restarting Apache.

I then removed the previous modifications and added the line
to /etc/apache2.conf and restarted Apache. Same absence of results.

I then removed the previous modifications, removed the 'application/x-sh
sh' line from /etc/mime.types and added 'sh' at the end of the
'text/plain' line. Also with no observable result.

I am still on it. I will keep the list informed if I find something...