Getting Apache to transfer .sh file instead of trying to execute it as CGI

I am trying to make a shell script available for download. The problem
is that when I try to get it Apache returns a 403 and logs "Options
ExecCGI is off in this directory" in error.log. But I am not trying to
execute this script as a CGI, I just want to download it. Permissions
are 644. If I rename the file as .txt or .html I can get it normally.
Therefore it is only the .sh extension of the file that make Apache
handle it as a CGI.

So it seems that whenever a file whose extension is .sh is required
Apache believes it must be executed. I have grepped my configurations
for things such as '.sh' 'handler' or 'CGI' but I have not found
anything that I could recognize as a parameter relevant to my problem.

I find plenty of documentation and discussions about the exact reverse
problem - people trying to get Apache to execute their files instead of
just serving them as a file transfer, but not much about the opposite.

Does anyone here have any idea about how I can persuade Apache to treat
this shell script as a normal text file ?