Re: exim 3.x

On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 07:37:11PM -0500, theal wrote:
} I need to remove/disable the mailbox of a user without removing/disabling
} their local account.
}
} Anyone have any ideas on the proper way to do this?

Do you want the user's email to bounce? To vanish into the bit bucket? To
be saved somewhere inaccessible to the user but available for retrieval at
some later date?

I'm not sure how to manage bouncing, but for the other two situations you
would want to create a separate account to deal with the incoming mail and
add a line to /etc/aliases to route mail to the user to the separate
account. If you want the user's email to go into the bit bucket then you
need to either symlink the separate account's mailspool to /dev/null (which
may not work, I'm not sure) or set up a .forward file to dump incoming mail
into /dev/null.

} woody 3.0
} exim 3.35-1woody3
}