Re: Does increasing RAM 512 MB -> 1 GB lead to better performance?

The whole point is this:

If you are using applications that regularly fill up your RAM and are
making extensive use of swap space then Yes! you will see a vast
improvement in performance if you up the RAM.

The reason for this is that it takes less time to read from RAM than it
does to copy from swap space and then read from RAM. So the question
that really needs asking is this:

How do I know if I'm regularly filling up my RAM?