Re: Sarge Upgrade DEBOCLE ! ! !

Brian Kimsey-Hickman wrote:
Carl,

You are absolutely right, please accept my apologies.  Please believe,
I DON'T HATE YOU.  But the Slashdot article referenced Bill Allombert
in an article on the Australian ZDNet Site:

http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/0,2000061733,39196419,00.htm

I think there are some valid arguments there and should not be ignored
by the community.

And, nope I ran dselct on a Friday afternoon like I always do without
reading the release notes or anything.  I thought I only had to do
that with my Microsoft systems.  Didn't have a problem in four years
and didn't think I would have a problem this time.  And after I get
upgraded to Sarge I am sure I will not have to worry about it again.

In any case this is the typescript from my last upgrade attempt.

I didn't know about script.  Cool.

But don't trust everything you read on zdnet. Some of these people like to write to hear themselves type...

If you really want to find out what's happening and are going to be very conservative about your upgrading. Wait, watch the lists, and see what happens to other people.

I have seen very few messages about DEBACLE upgrades so far. Much better than I've typically seen on SuSE/RHAT lists in the past.