Re: New disc kicks out CD-ROM support

hi

1) are you absolutely sure that you have correctly set the pins on the two gadgets in the secondary ide channel, so that one is master and one is slave ? (It happened to me...) 2) go into the BIOS and check that there are no strange settings wrt to those drives (for example, choose "autodetect")
3)  post the result of dmesg here (both with the drive ,and w/o )

Ivar Friheim wrote:

After installing a new disc as hdd (slave on the second IDE-adapter),
my CD-ROM won't work after Debian have booted. It works fine in BIOS
and it boots fine from the CD as well, but trying to mount /dev/hdc
after booting Debian fails. dmesg doesn't contain the words hdc at all,
but if I remove the new disc and boots, everything works just fine. I'm
running Debian Sarge with 2.6.8-kernel, and upon installing I had two
discs on the primary IDE and only the CD-ROM as master on the secondary
IDE.

It seems like my Debian installation only accepts one unit on the
secondary IDE... Any suggestions to what the error might be?