Re: Postfix + SASL problem "no SASL authentication mechanisms"

On Friday 22 of April 2005 18:29, Cliff Flood wrote:
> Cliff Flood wrote, on 04/22/05 17:09:
> > I am now getting another error however...
> >
> > "warning: SASL authentication problem: unable to open Berkeley db
> > /etc/sasldb2: Permission denied"
> >
> > In my /etc/postfix/sasl/smtpd.conf I have tried:
> >
> > pwcheck_method: saslauthd
> >
> > and
> >
> > pwcheck_method: pwcheck
> >
> > (Having first installed cyrus-common to provide pwcheck)
> >
> > I want saslauthd to use pam to authenticate users against their regular
> > passwords, not to use a second database.
> >
> > Where am I going wrong?
>
> I've not added:
>
> "saslauthd_path: /var/run/saslauthd/mux"
>
> to my /etc/postfix/sasl/smtpd.conf and I get a different error:
>
> "warning: SASL authentication failure: cannot connect to saslauthd
> server: Permission denied"
>
> /var/run/saslauthd is the right location I believe as my smtpd is not
> chrooted

Are you sure that is not chrooted? AFAIR postfix is usually ran chrooted
in /var/spool/postfix. If it IS chrooted - solotion might look light this:

adduser postfix sasl
mkdir -p /var/spool/postfix/var/run/saslauthd/
mount --bind /var/run/saslauthd /var/spool/postfix/var/run/saslauthd
  // or eventually do
  echo "/var/run/saslauthd /var/spool/postfix/var/run/saslauthd none \
  rw,bind   0       0" >> /etc/fstab

/etc/init.d/postfix reload

if it is NOT chrooted - you probably will have to just

adduser postfix sasl

should work.

ps: don't cc me since i am subscribed to debian-user.

regards. ;-)

--
Lech Karol Pawłaszek <ike>
"You will never see me fall from grace..." [KoRn]