Re: eth0 not working

> > Well, i tried
> >
> > > dmesg | grep eth
> >
> > but no output at all!
> > now i do not know the name of the module, so how to check if it
> > exist?
>
> Use lspci to find out the name of your ethernet chipset, and Google to
> find the name of the module you need. Load it using modprobe, add it
> to /etc/modules to make sure it gets loaded at boot time.
>
> best regards
> 	Andreas Janssen

well the name of the module for my ethernet card is tg3 but it is not a loadable module for kernel
i currently have since:

#modprobe tg3
FATAL: Module tg3 not found

even if i inserted this line

tg3

in /etc/modules and rebooted.
So, i should recompile the kernel??
Why i could use correctly my eth card during installation and now these problems arise??

Thanks