Re: Hello.

Hi David,

On Sat, Mar 05, 2005 at 12:32:34AM -0500, David R. Litwin wrote:
> I'm new to both this Forum, Linux and Debian. I discovered this via
> Knoppix (based on Debian). After having liked Knoppix, I partitioned
> my Hard-Drive and installed Debian. Four times. As you can see, I'm
> having many problems with it.
>
> Firstly, I should like to be able to connect to the Internet. I do so
> via PPPoE (or is it simply PPP?) and have High Speed Internet. My I.
> P. Address is non-static: It changes every time I connect to the
> Internet.

What exactly is the question? If you have a DSL connection you must install
pppoe and configure it as described in /usr/share/doc/pppoe/README.Debian.gz .

> Secondly, how do I mount my Floppy Drive and Memory Stick? It wouldn't
> work (even with the files on it RawWritten. Ratters! but it annoyed
> me!).

mount /dev/fd0 /floppy
See also man mount.

> I'm sure that this isn't the proper place. Any way, any help would be
> greatly appreciated. Thank you.

This *is* the proper place for questions. But please:
1. Read the documentation (www.debian.org/doc, man <command>,
/usr/share/doc/<package>) and ask only what you don't find there.
2. Describe more exactly what you are trying to do and what errors occur. Also
use a suitable subject.

Regards
--
Joachim Fahnenmüller

Q:	Why do the police always travel in threes?
A:	One to do the reading, one to do the writing, and the other keeps
	an eye on the two intellectuals.