Re: HP USB Mass Storage device issue

Hi!

> Ok,
>
> I restarted my machine and I have the sd file now.  Specifically:
> act:/home/atippett# cat /sys/bus/scsi/drivers/sd/2\:0\:0\:0/vendor
>  HP

Ah, interesting - I wonder why the sd driver needed a reboot to
properly insert itself into the SCSI drivers list...

> I assume there's no need to try to rmmod sd_mod
No, if it's there now, I don't think that'll help.

> I don't think the sd_mod should affect my digital camera as the sd_mod
> deals with scsi stuff (assumption).
Well, digital cameras are usually mounted just like any other mass
storage device (look at my log snippets: I attached a digicam ;-)).
And mass storage devices are mounted as SCSI disks, so the SD
(Scsi Disk) driver is responsible.

> Still no dectection of the usb flash drive size in the syslog with the
> sd_mod
And still not mount- (or 'fdisk -l')-able, I guess... no other
differences in syslog output before and after sd is showing in

Regards,

Jan
--
Jan C. Nordholz