Re: What's wrong with debian?

Good afternoon!

On Mon, 2005-02-28 at 22:50 +0100, Jan Lühr wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I've been following debian for years - potato was the first release I actually
> used on productive machines.
> When potato was released, release periods of two years were discussed. And two
> years later woody was released.
<<snipped>>
> What's preventing the sarge release? What blocks it for more than one year?
> On the one hand this question seems to be quite naive, and I don't wanna start
> an "Who do you want to blame today" campaign but on the other hand
<<snipped again>>
Like Jan, I want to avoid a campaign. I love Debian...but I use Ubuntu
for day to day stuff.

I want to submit this following suggestion (as a straw man): The project
is getting too BIG. Too many programs, too many platforms, too many
things to maintain, too many security releases needed.

Attack this idea or support it. If it gets support maybe we could think
about a slimmer Debian (even if it means losing support for my 80386,
Sob!)

Rob