Re: HP USB Mass Storage device issue

Jan C. Nordholz wrote:
Hi!

Ok,

I restarted my machine and I have the sd file now.  Specifically:
act:/home/atippett# cat /sys/bus/scsi/drivers/sd/2\:0\:0\:0/vendor
HP

Ah, interesting - I wonder why the sd driver needed a reboot to
properly insert itself into the SCSI drivers list...

I assume there's no need to try to rmmod sd_mod

No, if it's there now, I don't think that'll help.

I don't think the sd_mod should affect my digital camera as the sd_mod deals with scsi stuff (assumption).

Well, digital cameras are usually mounted just like any other mass
storage device (look at my log snippets: I attached a digicam ;-)).
And mass storage devices are mounted as SCSI disks, so the SD
(Scsi Disk) driver is responsible.

Still no dectection of the usb flash drive size in the syslog with the sd_mod

And still not mount- (or 'fdisk -l')-able, I guess... no other
differences in syslog output before and after sd is showing in

When turning on digital camera (syslog):

Feb 28 14:22:25 act kernel: ohci_hcd 0000:00:02.0: wakeup
Feb 28 14:22:25 act kernel: usb 1-3: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd an d address 3
Feb 28 14:22:27 act usb.agent[16065]:      libgphoto2: loaded successfully

No mention of sd. However, I don't ever think sd is unloaded because of my SATA drive. I think the scsi module uses sd and thus it wouldn't get unloaded.

Regards,

Jan