Re: Isolationism is history.

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 21:11:37 +0000,
Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> wrote in message
<[🔎] 20040130211137.GD30113@riva.ucam.org>:

> On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 11:45:49AM -0800, Nano Nano wrote:
>
> > You can probably read the Windows code by looking at the Windows
> > CE.NET source which is freely available.  It's a fork.  You can get
> > a flavor of it.  If you try real hard, you can probably via a
> > University take a look at the source -- Microsoft is handing out
> > read-access grudgingly.  Work within the system and you can
> > accomplish that goal.
>
> But be very careful about doing that; you may well end up "tainted" if
> you sign source licence agreements, and writing free software
> thereafter could be difficult.

..uhoh, another wintendo lock-in trap:  Schoolboy takes computer class,
signs license, sees source, compares with gpl and sees truth, becomes
linux guru, graduates, is hired on his guru track record, does what
gurus do, Microsoft sues.

..ok, thanks for the warning.

..myself, I'll ask anyone working for me, to certify they have never
ever seen Microsoft source code, before I consider hiring them.

..the good side of this AFAICT, is my wee linux business will survive
another coupla years, before the big landslide of ex-MSCE etc hits. ;-)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: