Re: [OT] Bruce Perens talks to BBC

Mike M wrote:
I am not going to defend .gov's oil policy.  My point is there has to be
an oil policy.  You can't disengage and think things will just turn out
alright.

    Why does there have to be one that includes invasion?

They are in front of the line. My vote is all of the above.

Even if, by and large, they are ignorant? Sure hope you didnt buy Nike a few years back.

There's blood on all their hands. Some more than others. A lot of people
each with a speck of blood on their hands or a few with it dripping from
their's, regardless, the crime is done.

    But the question is, what is the appropriate response by the government?

Who's Bob?  I'm Mike.

    Bob Barker.

My concept of "local" and "nation" are changing.  I'm pretty sure we're
not going to see eye-to-eye on this one.

So you believe that any time any nation has a problem with out we (meaning your nation) does something it is perfectly OK for them to invade?