Re: My Blues just go more blue

On Sat, Sep 18, 2004 at 11:21:40AM +1000, Cameron Hutchison wrote:
> Once upon a time Bill Moseley said...
> > Ok, I just did a dist-upgrade on my Sid machine and blue text changed.
> > I first noticed in mutt that my light blue lines got darker -- I see
> > it in the background color in the header line, for example:
> >
> >   ---Mutt: =lists.debian-user [Msgs:6754 New:6263 Flag:1 Post:47 Inc:1]---(threads/date)------(end)---
> >
> > Use to be light blue and now it's dark blue.
>
> Did you notice a few months ago when it used to be dark blue, it changed
> to light blue? I did. I'm glad it's changed back.

Not that I remember -- but maybe I just got used to it.

> This changelog entry from xterm explains:
>
>     + Change resource settings for color4 and color12; add some
>       discussion in XTerm-col.ad.  (Closes: #255070)

Interesting discussion.  Not sure I follow all of it, though.
Something else to learn about.  As far as I can tell, I have not
overridden colors in any of my configs so this dark blue text on black
background is the system default.  So, I expect that it's harder to
read for others, too.

BTW -- where's Xterm-col.ad?

> So, have a look in /etc/X11/app-defaults/XTerm-color, where the light
> blue colours are documented, and make the necessary changes.

Now, if I had all my configs under cvs then I could cvs diff and see
what it just changed from -- apt doesn't know my previous version,
does it?

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org