Re: Toshiba suspend from command line

Yep, that does it. Thanks! The command is apm --suspend or apm -s. A guy
sure learns a lot on this list...

I was just starting to poke through the wmtuxtime code. It seems to
accomplish the same thing using an ioctl call and dumping a struct
directly into /proc/toshiba, while apm works with /proc/apm.

The nice thing about wmtuxtime is that the applet seems to work from a
normal user, whereas apm runs but cannot open the device. Of course it
works with sudo, but I'd like to automate a shutdown after a task.

So now I have new questions:

How would I adjust the permissions so apm -s could be run by a normal
user?
Does this require me to adjust permissions to the /proc directory?
How would I do that anyways?
And, for my own curiosity, why can a windowmaker applet cause a suspend
when the normal user can't?

:i