Re: Toshiba suspend from command line

Ian Knopke wrote:
I'd like to be able to put my toshiba laptop in suspend mode from the command line. Currently I can do it using the wmtuxtime applet in Windowmaker, that comes in the toshutils package. Is there a way to do this without the applet?

I'm not familiar with that applet. Are you using APM or ACPI?

Also, do you mean suspend to RAM, or suspend to disk?

If you are using APM, see 'man APM' for the list of commands you can use with the command-line client 'apm' for 'apmd'.

If you are using ACPI, 'echo [n] > /proc/acpi/sleep' where 'n' is the sleep state you desire to put the machine into.

--dircha