Re: Toshiba suspend from command line

Ian Knopke wrote:
How would I adjust the permissions so apm -s could be run by a normal
user? Does this require me to adjust permissions to the /proc
directory? How would I do that anyways?

Since this is a laptop, I don't see any harm in adding the following line to you sudoers file (edit with visudo as root) to accomplish this:

username   ALL = (root) NOPASSWD: /usr/sbin/apm -s

Substitute for username, and the path to the apm binary if that isn't correct.

I suppose you could also substitute your hostname for ALL.

And, for my own curiosity, why can a windowmaker applet cause a
suspend when the normal user can't?

I imagine the executable is setuid root. It's hard to say for certain, not having used or seen it.

--dircha