Apache SSL certificates

Hello:

	Please forgive my ignorance about this subject.

	How exactly does one go about getting a SSL certificate created that can be
signed by one of the authorities in Debian? I have installed apache-ssl &
openssl, and have tried to follow the instructions on Verisign's & Thawte's
web sites, but their instructions fail with a reference to a missing
openssl.cnf file. A link to this file points to /etc/ssl/openssl.cnf , but
that file does not exist.

	If anyone can point me to a current, complete howto on this subject, I would
be very thankful. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

VLM