Re: Apache SSL certificates

Virgil L. McNemar wrote:
Hello:

Please forgive my ignorance about this subject. How exactly does one go about getting a SSL certificate created that can be signed by one of the authorities in Debian? I have installed apache-ssl & openssl, and have tried to follow the instructions on Verisign's & Thawte's web sites, but their instructions fail with a reference to a missing openssl.cnf file. A link to this file points to /etc/ssl/openssl.cnf , but that file does not exist. If anyone can point me to a current, complete howto on this subject, I would be very thankful. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

VLM

I used this to generate my own CA and self-signed certs:

http://tldp.org/HOWTO/SSL-Certificates-HOWTO/index.html

Just remember to replace the paths (in some cases) to the
Debian-specific paths, as in the case of /etc/ssl/openssl.cnf.

-Roberto Sanchez