Re: Documentation and Usability

On 2004-01-17, Mac McCaskie penned:
> I think my point would be closer to not allowing a package on-board
> without adaqate instruction on what it was and how to use it.
>
> Where is the value of providing a widget to a customer without giving
> them a clue as to what the widget is or what to do with it.

That word "customer"; doesn't it imply that you paid for the product?

Anyhoo, your definition of adequate might be quite different from
another user's definition.

If there's a package that will solve a problem for me, I would rather
have it available without any documentation at all than have it
completely unavailable due to lack of documentation.

--
monique