Re: Documentation and Usability

Monique Y. Herman wrote:

On 2004-01-17, Mac McCaskie penned:

I think my point would be closer to not allowing a package on-board
without adaqate instruction on what it was and how to use it.

Where is the value of providing a widget to a customer without giving
them a clue as to what the widget is or what to do with it.

That word "customer"; doesn't it imply that you paid for the product?

Anyhoo, your definition of adequate might be quite different from
another user's definition.

If there's a package that will solve a problem for me, I would rather
have it available without any documentation at all than have it
completely unavailable due to lack of documentation.

-No
-Very true, what is your target? Very experianced users with prior knowledge or ? -The third part puzzles me. How would you know how to use it without some type of instructions.

Mac <causing consternation> McCaskie