EXT3 at install..no more?

Sometimes I think that "open source" geeks intentionally complicate things to keep the borderline geeks (like me) from experimenting with and learning about O/Ses like Debian. The install menus USED TO ALLOW A CHOICE BETWEEN EXT2 and EXT3...before you loaded up the HD with the O/S. Now, you have to modify the EXT2 after the fact, running the risk of screwing up the partitions...thanks guys....some pimple faced hacker probably did this as a form of geek-like "ethnic cleansing"...well it worked...I'm going back to RedHat. And I really liked tinkering with Debian too...kept me thinking...so sad....
Coyotesx5
Scottsdale, AZ