Re: Gnome 2 and window manager selection?

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 22:27:02 -0400
stan <stanb@panix.com> wrote:

> Ah, .xsession-errors has a clue. It's trying (and failing) to run
> /usr/bin/elightenment,a Acording to dselect, this is not installed.
> Should I install it? If I have a choice, I think I like sawfish, at
> least from the breif glances I've seen so far.

Hey, enlightenment was the bomb back in the day... like, 5 years ago. So
I'd say no. I don't understand what's trying to load it, though. Was
this basically a fresh install or did you upgrade the box? Probably,
enlightenment is being loaded from /home/.xinitrc or /home/.xsession.
I would suggest removing .xinitrc and putting the single line

exec gnome-session

in .xsession. If that doesn't work, then there are deeply bizarre things
happening.

--
Todd Pytel

Signature attached