Re: Help - kernel 2.4.22 (hangs on rcS.d scripts)

* Cam Ellison (cam@ellisonet.ca) wrote:
> * Roberto Sanchez (rcsanchez97@yahoo.es) wrote:
> > Jerome R. Acks wrote:
> > >http://home.t-online.de/home/Johannes.Deisenhofer/nforce2linux.html
> > >
> > >http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_nforce_1.0-0261.html
> > >
> > >In your kernel config you probably also should have:
> > >CONFIG_X86_UP_IOAPIC is not set

<snip>

> > Check out my kernel config:
> >
> > http://pegasus.cc.ucf.edu/~ro668344/kernel-2.4.22-config_athlon-xp

Checking out Roberto's .config file was useful, but it differs
exceedingly little from my own.  Further investigation suggests that
the problem lies in the /etc/init.d/network and /etc/init.d/networking
scripts run within rcS.d.  The kernel is looking for something it
cannot find, apparently.

I'm stymied.  Doesn't anyone have an idea what to do next?

Cam

I'm glad you're on the way to solving your problem, Jerome.  It looks
as though a custom config might do the trick, though I don't remember
a setting for the Clie.

Cam Ellison Ph.D. R.Psych.
From Roberts Creek on B.C.'s incomparable Sunshine Coast
cam(at)ellisonet(dot)ca