Host Name; WWW.mydomain.com

All,

   First off I'm a newbie to linux. I recently installed Debian Linux
(woody) on a Dell Optiplex. During the installation process, I set the
following: installed Apache Web Server, used a host name of
"Debian-Dimension", used a static IP address, and also assign a domain
name that I registered called mydomain.com.

   Problem: if i use a browser on another machine and type
www.mydomain.com, I get the standard "Page can not be displayed" (can
not find server or DNS) but if I type in
debian-dimension.mydomain.com, the first webpage for this site
appears.

    I registered my domain name with GoDaddy.com. After I registered
my name, I updated the Host Name at Godaddy to use "Debian-Dimension"
along with the correct static IP address.

    At this point, I'm confused. Can anyone point me in the right
direction? I spoke with tech support at GoDaddy and they are telling
me that I have the Host name configured correctly at thier site.

    Thank you,
    Thomas J. Kroljic
    tkroljic@covad.net