Re: problems with rsa authentication (for use with mpich)

On Sat, Oct 11, 2003 at 06:13:34PM +0000, Faheem Mitha wrote:
> Dear People,
>
> I am trying to enable rsa authentication for use with mpich. However,
> I am having some problems.
>
> Let us say I have two hosts, foo and bar. I'm trying to log in from
> foo to bar using rsh passwordless authentication.
<snip "it doesn't work and falls back to password">

Have a look in /home/faheem/.ssh/authorized_keys on bar. You'll
probably find the line ends in '...gnf5t78t= faheem@foo' or something
like that. Change it to '...gnf5t78t= /home/faheem/.ssh/identity' -
doesn't matter if /home/faheem/.ssh/identity doesn't exist. That will
probably make it work.

This seems to be a weird bug that doesn't affect most people, just
selects occasional random victims to confuse the @$#% out of, like me,
and one or two others on this list.

> Please feel free to cc any replies to me at
> Faheem@email.unc.edu.

I feel free, but do you actually _want_ CCs, or just don't mind them?

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons