OT: why I don't want CCs

also sprach Mike Fedyk <mfedyk@matchmail.com> [2003.07.16.0102 +0200]:
> Both messages will be identical except for the "Received" headers!
> Procmail should put both in the same place, since if the message
> is addressed to you, and the list, both messages will have the
> same contents in To: and Cc:. They will even have the same

I filter on Delivered-To:, which is the only sane and portable way.
And that won't be identical on both mails.

> Anyway, if you put those two lines near the top of your
> procmailrc, you won't have to even think about duplicates. :)

As I said, then my private mailbox will be cluttered with stuff that
really should be in my listbox. And my mail archival system will
store debian-user mail in my private archives, making them
unneceesarily bloated and difficult to search later on.

I have given hours of thought to this issue, I have known about
msgid.cache ever since I started using procmail (it was one of the
main reasons), and yet, I consciously decided against it because it
*does not* do what I want.

I even include a line pertaining to this in every mail I send. It's
not too much to ask, is it?

`. `'`