Re: openoffice hangs machine

James Mathers(blindboy@hotmail.com) is reported to have said:
> Hi,
>
> I recently installed Debian 3.0 on my laptop, and have installed
> openoffice from both a apt source, and compiled the program myself,
> with the same issue. As soon as I load the application it hangs mt
> whole machine, no responce to any input including cntl-alt-backspace,
> and any attemp to end x or even view another terminal. I'm not sure
> what the issue could be, i'm pretty shure I have all the pakages
> needed to run the program, as I would have thought the compile/install
> process would check for these, and my X seems to run fine in all other
> applications inluding video watching.
>
> Any ideas/thoughts on where to go from here would be greatly
> appreciated.

You are waaay ahead of the curve if you have 3.0 installed, version
1.1rc hasn't even been released, offically, yet.

I have OpenOffice.org 1.0.3 and 1.1Beta2 both installed.  They installed
without a problem using apt-get.

With this in your sources.list
# OpenOffice Packages
deb http://ftp.freenet.de/pub/ftp.vpn-junkies.de/openoffice/ unstable main contrib

do
dselect update     then
apt-get -t unstable install openoffice.org1.1 openoffice.org1.1-bin
openoffice.org1.1-l10n-en

The only thing I can't get working is the linkup to JRE1.4.  Other
then that its works just fine.

--
If your computer says, "Printer out of Paper," this problem cannot be
resolved by continuously clicking the "OK" button.