Re: DNS for small network with internet connection

On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 07:53:33PM +0200, David Fokkema wrote:

> Currently, I use dhcp and dnsmasq to serve my local LAN. Very, very
> easy to set up and it works as a charm. I use dhcp-client to acquire
> an IP addres for the internet, which then rewrites /etc/resolv.conf to
> incorporate the name servers for the internet.
>
> My problem is that my server has no idea what the internal LAN is all
> about: its nameservers are the ones provided by my ISP. If I add my
> local dns server (dnsmasq) to /etc/resolv.conf, it is overwritten the
> next time the lease is renewed. Telling dhclient.conf to _not_ write
> to /etc/resolv.conf will not update my nameservers for the internet,
> so there must be another way, I think.
>
> Any suggestions?

Tried reading the man page?  Specifically the man page for the config
file:

   man dhclient.conf

Then specifically, the section:

   OPTION MODIFIERS

--
Jamin W. Collins

Remember, root always has a loaded gun.  Don't run around with it unless
you absolutely need it. -- Vineet Kumar