Re: WAS: Curious...Are most of you in tech-related--NOW, I gave up and went back to Mandrake :-(

Colin Watson writes:
> It could probably be cobbled together, with some appropriate care about
> directory permissions (which I don't think are terribly deterministic
> when multiple packages install them with different permissions...

The permissions will be determined by the first package installed.

If you know of a situation where two packages install the same directory
with different permissions please file a bug.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org