Re: making noise (Acer TM 634)

Thus spake Emma Jane Hogbin:
> I understand make clean, but I don't understand "debian/rules clean"

the alsa-source package contains scripts to build .debs of the built
modules... however, since you're not using make-kpkg, you just need to
do a make clean in there.

> I don't. I do it with step by step that's similar to this one:
> http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Kernel-HOWTO-2.html
> (one of my co-workers wrote out a step-by-step)

The theory is the same -- basically, you just need to
clean/recompile/install the kernel, and then the alsa modules, and then
reboot into the new kernel... that should solve the unresolved
dependency errors.

--
Nathan Poznick <poznick@conwaycorp.net>

Many individuals have, like uncut diamonds, shining qualities beneath a
rough exterior. - Juvenal