Re: apt help

On  0, Amit Shah <shahamit@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working with apt and have a few queries:
>
> 1. I've copied the first 3 woody disks on my hard disk in
> /var/cache/apt/cds/[123].
>
> I want apt to recognize these sources as the primary installation sources. I
> made changes in /etc/apt/sources.list, saying:
>
> deb file:/var/cache/apt/cds/1/cdrom/dists potato unstable contrib main
> non-US/contrib non-US/main
>
> deb file:/var/cache/apt/cds/2/cdrom/dists potato unstable contrib main
> non-US/contrib non-US/main
>
> deb file:/var/cache/apt/cds/3/cdrom/dists potato unstable contrib main
> non-US/contrib non-US/main
>
> this, however, doesn't work... it gives lots of error messages while
> installing anything, couldn't stat, etc..

I'm not 100% certain on how to do this, but I think you should look
into apt-move.

> 2. I want to install kde-3.0.4, or whichever >3 version is available. how do
> I go about doing this? I just have an entry for security.debian.org in my
> sources.list. do I have to add more?

Yah, I thought kde3 was only in unstable at present, but I can't even
find it there at the moment.  In fact I can't find an apt-gettable
archive anywhere, but there is an almost apt-gettable archive at:

http://ftp.du.se/pub/mirrors/kde/stable/latest/Debian/woody/

It has a packages.gz, but its directory structure looks wrong to me.

Tom
--
Tom Cook

"Intellectual freedom is not the freedom to believe anything, but the freedom to believe only the truth."
	- Dr. John Stott

Get my GPG public key: https://pinky.its.adelaide.edu.au/~tkcook/tom.cook-at-adelaide.edu.au