Re: Linksys 802.11 pcmcia card troubles

> After you load the module prism2_pci, you have to run these commands:
> I think that's what is there in linux-wlan-ng_pre_up file but you can
> always verify:

Looking through that file, yes, these commands are there, but only after
the "modprobe p80211" is tried (and fails).

> wlanctl-ng wlan0 lnxreq_ifstate ifstate=enable
> wlanctl-ng wlan0 lnxreq_autojoin ssid=<your APs SSID> authtype=opensystem

> Are you using wireless_* keywords in the interfaces file?

No, I found nothing saying to do so. The file above has a list of
defaults, but I'm not good enough at scripting to know where the
non-default values are read from. I assumed it was in the interfaces
file, since the Debian maintainer had mentioned that's where they should
go (but didn't say how).

Curt-

--
"Wherever I go, everyone is a little bit safer because I am there.
 Wherever I am, anyone in need has a friend.