Re: 'sudo bash' is not 'sudo su -' ?!

what about sudo x-terminal-emulator ?  Or whatever you use like rxvt or
eterm.  I don't for sure because I do use "x-terminal-emulator -e su -
root" to spawn a new shell with a "password:" prompt.  Also I don't
really use "x-terminal-emulator" but have a symlinx to it in /usr/bin
name "rootxterm" with it's own properties defined for my Window
Manager.  But the basic "x-terminal-emulator -e su - root" should work
and get you started.  Of course sudoing it would be cool too.

Shawn