Re: Secure site browser access

On 29 Oct 2002 21:05:37 +1300 John Batistic <johnbat@win.co.nz> wrote:

> Following a new woody-XFS install I am unable to access _some_ secure
> sites, two in particular. The same situation exists for Mozilla,
> Konqueror and Opera and it happens before I get to password entry, just
>
> One site is a credit card site, the other is a bank.
>
> However, an old install on another machine works just fine.
(snip)

Check whether ECN id turned on or off in your kernel:

   # cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn

if you get 1, then try turning ECN off by doing

   # echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn

and check whether you now can access the troublesome websites.

If this works, you might consider adding this line to some local
init script to ensure ECN is turned off every time you boot the machine.

HTH.

--
Carlos Sousa
http://vbc.dyndns.org/