Secure site browser access

Following a new woody-XFS install I am unable to access _some_ secure
sites, two in particular. The same situation exists for Mozilla,
Konqueror and Opera and it happens before I get to password entry, just

One site is a credit card site, the other is a bank.

However, an old install on another machine works just fine.

old-debian/Mozilla says "you have selected an encrypted page ..." then
proceeds to connect.

new-debian/Mozilla says "connecting to www.~" then times out without
completing the task.

Both sites give the same result.

The fact that all three browsers behave the same means, I think, that a
component is missing.

Mozilla-psm is installed and other secure sites work OK.

Thanks in advance

John Batistic

--
--- from NEW ZEALAND - a natural habitat for the PENGUIN ---
--- registered Linux user # 205322 - XFS + 2.4.19 + Debian ---