Re: way indulgent on my part--was Re: paint

On Tuesday 29 October 2002 02:32 am, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 01:00:23AM -0800, ben wrote:
> > on the other hand, isn't there more that can be done to spare us all from
> > this crap? if the f*ckin' big interrogators and the corporate insulation
> > association can develop a means of tracking potentially injurious
> > content, why can't we get it together, on this list, to agree on a
> > commonly appropriate filtering apparatus to eliminate obvious spam from
> > this list?
>
> People seem to keep assuming there's no filtering at all! We do have
> spamassassin running; it's just a matter of tweaking it (and, in the
> meantime, accepting that nothing's perfect).

colin, thanks for the response, but given that a huge majority of the spam
that makes its way through the list filters emanates from .cn, .tw, and .kr
domains, where there are obviously huge relay holes, what does it take to
have the list's spam guardians address the issue? the spam pollution on the
list has increased hugely over the last six months. who's responsible for the
filter?

i'm not assuming that there's no filtering; rather wondering if the filterer
is keeping up with current degree of infiltration. if i can help with that
task, let me know how.

ben