Re: way indulgent on my part--was Re: paint

On Tuesday 29 October 2002 02:29, ben wrote:

> colin, thanks for the response, but given that a huge majority of the spam
> that makes its way through the list filters emanates from .cn, .tw, and .kr
> domains, where there are obviously huge relay holes, what does it take to
> have the list's spam guardians address the issue? the spam pollution on the
> list has increased hugely over the last six months. who's responsible for
> the filter?
>
> i'm not assuming that there's no filtering; rather wondering if the
> filterer is keeping up with current degree of infiltration. if i can help
> with that task, let me know how.
>
> ben

the lists were only fairly recently switched to spamassassin.  We are
currently using a slightly out of date version because the server we are
running it on does not have all of the depends for the latest version.  That
is being looked into presently.

Secondly, look at the header of each mail and there is a spamassassin added to
each one.  So you can further filter the mail.