Re: laptop environment detection

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 01:25:12AM -0400, Bruce wrote:
> So, I am fiddling around with whereami to do this; check for a wire, if so
> bring it up. If no wire, drop eth0 and bring up wlan0. Solves the "pump"
> problem; now all I have to do is get it to find the wireless card on boot.

Is your current solution compatible with multiple wlan. I mean if for
example you have a wlan at home and at work, is your script able to pick
the good one?

Also Is this tool able to detect a link lost (you unplugged the ethernet
jack, for example) and restart the discovery process ?

Christophe

Whether you believe you can, or whether you believe you can't, you're
absolutely right. --Henry Ford