Re: OT: Flamebait: Text vs HTML email

Craig Dickson wrote:
> I'm not sure about other specific products, but there's a basic problem
> here that HTML is not just a layout language, ...
[...]
> because HTML has a number of design flaws that make it a poor layout
> language.

I think you are aware of this and just miswrote.  HTML is not a layout
language.  HTML was never designed to be concerned with layout or
presentation.  HTML is only concerned with content structure.  People
trying to use HTML for layout are a primary cause of problems with the
application of HTML.

Bob