Re: fetchmail stopped during dist-upgrade

* Nori Heikkinen (nori@sccs.swarthmore.edu) [020723 11:23]:
> the things i skipped over in dselect-configure were things like
>
> Configuration file `/etc/postfix/access'
>  ==> File on system created by you or by a script.
>  ==> File also in package provided by package maintainer.
>    What would you like to do about it ?  Your options are:
>     Y or I  : install the package maintainer's version
>     N or O  : keep your currently-installed version
>       D     : show the differences between the versions
>       Z     : background this process to examine the situation
>  The default action is to keep your current version.
> *** access (Y/I/N/O/D/Z) [default=N] ?
>
> the ones related to postfix were:
> /etc/postfix/access
> /etc/postfix/canonical
> /etc/postfix/pcre_table
> /etc/postfix/postfix-script
> /etc/postfix/regexp_table
> /etc/postfix/relocated
> /etc/postfix/transport
> /etc/postfix/virtual

For each i in the above list, you should also have a $i.dpkg-<something> .
The <something> depends on what you answered when dpkg asked about what
to do with the config file. It might be .dpkg-old , .dpkg-new , or
.dpkg-dist . You can go inspect those and use diff to see how they're
different from the ones currently on your system, and accordingly fix
your configs. Or, if you've only made a few customizations and the
config files have changed significantly, move your existing ones out of
the way, move the new ones in place, and re-make your changes to the new
ones.

good times,
Vineet
--