Re: true transparency?

G'Day,

On 15 Jul 2002, Grant Edwards wrote:

> >> "transparency" is really amusing.  As Colin and some others mentioned,
> >> it merely copies the background.  *However*, g-t copies the _gnome_
> > Same thing for aterm. That's precisely why it's not truely
> Sounds extremely annoying to me.  I've usually got aterms
> stacked 4 or 5 deep over a good portion of my screen, and

With aterms dim feature and possible a blur feature, it could be quite
good, text wouldnt be readable if its not active.

I know it would be quite nice to see the galeon, gimp... through the aterm
window instead of the root window.

A program I downloaded the other day named animenu (lIRc menu program) has
a good example of a transparent window setup.... bright colours on a
dimmed background, and proves that it should be partly possible to achieve
the result on a term window.

Cheereo,
--
                  \\\