Re: true transparency?

>> > Same thing for aterm. That's precisely why it's not truely

>> Sounds extremely annoying to me.  I've usually got aterms
>> stacked 4 or 5 deep over a good portion of my screen, and
>
> With aterms dim feature and possible a blur feature, it could
> be quite good, text wouldnt be readable if its not active.

Making the terminal window background opaque would make it even
more readable.  Perhaps I'm being pedestrian, but providing
readable text is the whole point of a terminal window.

> I know it would be quite nice to see the galeon, gimp...
> through the aterm window instead of the root window.

My root windows are never anything but solid gray anyway.  My
computer is just a tool to write code and do e-mail.  I take
photos, buy paintings, and rent movies when I want something
nice to look at.

> A program I downloaded the other day named animenu (lIRc menu
> program) has a good example of a transparent window setup....
> bright colours on a dimmed background, and proves that it
> should be partly possible to achieve the result on a term
> window.

Whatever floats your boat I guess.  I only switched from
greyscale monitors (0.00mm dot pitch, you know) to color
because I couldn't buy greyscale ones anymore.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  In Newark the
                                  at               laundromats are open 24