VMware problem ( Re: 2X CD's as emulated scsi )

> except when I try to install Acrobat. The same thing happens with
> Acrobat as with VMwaretools; the install initiates and then it just
> drops dead?? I needed to convert a large Word .doc file to pdf so now
> I'm stuck.

I'll try to install acrobat when I get home, if it fails I'll let you
know.

> >   Btw, you are sure that the tools are not installed?  I recall from
> > version 2 that it claimed that the tools was not installed but they were
> > (and they worked).
> I can't see it in the Program Files folder.

Can you "get out" of the vmeare window without hitting alt-ctrl (or
similar, my memory really sucks and I'm not at home so I can't check
right now)?  If you can I think it is installed (and working).

> > There is a vmware log somewhere, I have no idea whatever whatever the
> > "tools install" produces some output there but you can always check.
> >
> > Hmm, just a thought;  Are you running the "guest OS" package or are you
> > installing from a real w2k CD?  I did the later as I don't have the
> > "guest package"
> I installed from a real CD.

So that don't differ...  Any strange windows service-packs installed?
Not that I think it should mater...

So, what's the next step?  Diff all libraries versions and md5sums?
(I'm  out of ideas.)

// Emil