Re: 2X CD's as emulated scsi

On Mon, 2002-06-24 at 12:28, Emil Pedersen wrote:
> (This is sort of a "when it still fails"-solution, sorry)

It's always interesting to view problems from different angles...:-)

> Try to install vmware again, or rerun  vmware-configuration.pl  (or what
> ever it was called).
I've done this several times without success. I managed to install the X
driver directly from the virtual CD and it works as it should. I have
installed several applications inside the guest W2k without problems
except when I try to install Acrobat. The same thing happens with
Acrobat as with VMwaretools; the install initiates and then it just
drops dead?? I needed to convert a large Word .doc file to pdf so now
I'm stuck.

> I installed the same version this wekend,
> vmware-tools installed as it should just by "activating" the install
> option in the menu.
That's how I've experienced it too, I've installed it in RH 7.2 before.

>   Btw, you are sure that the tools are not installed?  I recall from
> version 2 that it claimed that the tools was not installed but they were
> (and they worked).
I can't see it in the Program Files folder.

> There is a vmware log somewhere, I have no idea whatever whatever the
> "tools install" produces some output there but you can always check.
>
> Hmm, just a thought;  Are you running the "guest OS" package or are you
> installing from a real w2k CD?  I did the later as I don't have the
> "guest package"
I installed from a real CD.

Cheers,
HÖ

--
~~~~ <http://www.sacred-eagle.com/> ~~~~
~~~~~~ Gnupg signature ID 83AC4814 ~~~~~