Re: dhcp-client startup

On Tue, 2002-06-11 at 12:09, Bedford, Donald T. wrote:
> I've been using dhcp-client 2.0pl4-2 w/ Potato and just upgraded to Woody
> (w/ dhcp-client 2.0pl5-11). When I rebooted (and every time since) the dhcp
> client does not pick up an IP address and I have to manually start it - then
> all is well.
>
> I have replaced the static IP address w/ 'dhcp' in 'interfaces' for eth0 (as
> it was before) but no luck. Where/how does this daemon usually get started?
> Ideas?

it should be in /etc/network/interfaces and look like
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

If that is what you have, then its something else and you should search
through your logs to see if there are any fishy messages concerning
dhclient.

--
-Peace kid
  Scott Henson	shenson2@wvu.edu

"God's the ultimate playa, so naturally He's going to have some haters,"
rapper Ice Cube said. "But these haters need to realize that  if you
mess with the man upstairs, you will get your ass smote. True dat."