Re: DOSEMU question

On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 04:35:31PM -0400, ZBenjudah@aol.com wrote:
> Hello  was wondering if anyone could give me some feedback on the dosemue

What version of dosemu?  What exactly is the error message?  Cut and
paste output would be helpful for people to diagnose what's going wrong,
as would using correct punctuation and paragraphs.

> I have not been active  in my LINUX OS  for a while  have been busy. I just
> cannot get it to work right  I have  kernel 2.2.12 #2 at least thats what it
> tells me when I  install
> the operating system.

Not sure how relevant the kernel version is here, but you can find out
for sure what kernel version you have with uname -a

With mine, that gives me
Linux ursine 2.4.18 #1 Tue Apr 16 21:09:50 PDT 2002 i686 unknown

Left to right, this tells you what flavor of unix you're using, the
hostname of the system, version of the kernel, not sure what the #1 is,
the time and date the kernel was built, what the architecture of the
kernel is, and I'm not sure what it's saying unknown about.

> memory, and a 4 gig hard drive. It isn't much but it works. When I tried to
> configure the emulator with the dexe it would throw me an error that there
> seemed to be no bootable DOS  partition. There definitely is one  because
> thetas all that is on my computer right now, and I can access my c drive
> with the mount  /dev/hda1 /c  command  so I know that it is there. I guess

I could be wrong, but I don't think you have to mount it, just point the
emulator at the device itself.  I think the user running dosemu will
need to have permissions on that device, someone more knowledgable with
dosemu could help on this.

> the point to my question is  would there be anyone who has successfully ran
> the dosemu and got it configured so that there could be some correspondence
> with me to get mine to run, or is there any ongoing work being done with it.
> I can be contacted  at ZBenjudah@aol.com.

Consider subscribing to debian-user for a while to see if anybody posts
something to the list that you might find helpful (and it happens
frequently).

--
Baloo