Re: how to boot debian on a oldwolrd ppc ?

First of all, please set your mailer to wrap your text at approx. 72
characters. It makes responding much easier. Thanks.

On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, Martin A. Hansen wrote:

> im trying to install debian potato on a 8500 series oldworld
> ppc. everything goes fine besides the "make debian bootable from the
> harddisk"-step.
>
> i dont have macos on the box, i only want debian :-)
>
> it would be nice if i could boot into linux from the harddisk or a
> rescue disk. however, using debian install guide for QUIK doesnt seem
> to work. and i have not been able to find a working rescue.bin image.

Despite being a Mac guy, I don't know the specific answer to your
question. You'll likely get a better answer on the debian-ppc group,
however. You can subscribe and post to it the same was as for
debian-user.

Good luck.

- Aaron

--
Aaron Hall           :     Preliminary operational tests were inconclusive.
ahall@vitaphone.net  :     (The damn thing blew up.)

Macintosh/UNIX Geek, Network Flack, and...eh, whatever.